What we wish we had known when we started Four Christian leaders disclose key leadership lessons they have learned through forty years of pastoring and establishing worldwide ministries. This illuminating book explores topics such as team building, boundaries, transitions, unity, stress management, learning from criticism, making tough decisions and much more! The authors’ personal experiences demonstrate biblically based insights for today’s leaders in church, business, and other organizations. Straight Talk to Leaders is part of a series The Time Is Now! Discover The Time is Now! to grow in leadership.
We wish we could have read a book like this when we were younger. It would have saved us from learning the hard way. Our prayer is that this book will help you avoid many pitfalls in your journey to healthy leadership. — Larry Kreider, Sam Smucker, Barry Wissler and Lester Zimmerman
eBook available here
This Kindle eBook can be read on any device including your smartphone!
Books in this series are designed to be used in these ways:
Personal study Read from start to finish and receive personal revelation. Learn spiritual truths to help yourself and others.
• Each reading includes questions for personal reflection and room to journal at the end of the book.
• Each chapter has a key verse to memorize.
Daily devotional Eight weeks of daily readings with corresponding questions for personal reflection and journaling.
• Each chapter is divided into seven sections for weekly use.
• Each day includes reflection questions and space to journal.
Mentoring relationship Questions can be answered and life applications discussed when this book is used as a one-on-one discipling/mentoring tool.
• A spiritual mentor can easily take a person they are mentoring through these short Bible study lessons and use the reflection questions for dialogue about what is learned.
• Study each day’s entry or an entire chapter at a time.
Small group study Study in a small group setting or in a class or Bible study group.
• The teacher teaches the material using the outline provided at the end of the book. Everyone in the group reads the chapter and discusses the questions together.
The Time Is Now! Series includes these five books:
Encountering the Supernatural
Discover God’s amazing presence and power for your life
Becoming whole and living free
Battle Cry for Your Marriage
Discovering breakthroughs for today’s challenges
Straight Talk to Leaders
What we wish we had known when we started
When God Seems Silent
Discovering His purposes in times of confusion and darkness
Read Larry’s blog here
Books by Larry Kreider
21 Tests of Effective Leadership
Biblical Foundation Series
Biblical Role of Elders for Today’s Church
Building Your Personal House of Prayer
Growing the Fruit of the Spirit
Hearing God 30 Different Ways
Helping You Build Cell Churches
House To House
Speak Lord, I’m Listening
Starting a House Church
The 3 Loves
The Cry for Spiritual Mothers and Fathers
The Invitation: Church Planting Stories
What Every Small Group Leader Should Know