Marriage: a lifelong affair
You’ve done it; you’ve taken the plunge and said “I do” to one another. Couples face some daunting marriage statistics these days. When so many marriages fail, how do you know yours won’t?
So, now what? What’s next for your marriage?
Staying Together is a unique book that’s been written for you to read as a couple. Together, you’ll hear from us and what we’ve learned over more than 40 years of marriage, as well as from other couples whose marriages have endured heartbreak, hardship, and even infidelity. You’ll read about their solutions and healing, applicable to your marriage oneness.
You will be confronted with questions about what it looks like to walk out your vows on a daily basis as life partners. Whether it’s communication, trust, or sex; money, loss, or mission; kids, jobs, or insecurities, Staying Together has insight on how to better navigate waters when they’re rough and better enjoy them when they’re smooth.
Whether you’ve been married for months, years, or decades, now is the time to make sure you’re in a marriage that’s not just surviving, but thriving.
From authors Steve and Mary
This book is written as a practical manual on how to build healthier, long-lasting marriage relationships. It was developed through interviews and is based on real-life stories. Ongoing, interactive questions challenge the couple to delve deeper into open communication and personal growth. Additional resources that provide practical help to couples are also included. This book can also be used as a mentoring or a small group tool. Whether you want to be mentored or provide mentoring, the handbook is designed for those who continually endeavor to improve every day of marriage. Staying Together will lead you on that path.
- Chapter One: The “Me” in Us
- Chapter Two: The Fear and Insecurity Found in Us
- Chapter Tree: The “One” of Us
- Chapter Four: Healthy Boundaries for a Healthy Relationship
- Chapter Five: Moving Beyond Our Histories
- Chapter Six: Marriage Has a Mission
- Chapter Seven: Fighting and Arguing or Praying and Agreeing
- Chapter Eight: Putting Your Money Where Your Value Is
- Chapter Nine: Rebuilding After Loss
- Chapter Ten: Staying True
- Chapter Eleven: Going Under Cover(s)
- Chapter Twelve: Intimate Conversations
- Chapter Thirteen: The Six Most Important Words
- Appendix A: Pornography and Sexual Addiction Resource List
- Appendix B: Annual Marriage Evaluation and Vision Retreat
- Appendix C: The Forgiveness Process