This trusted pre and postmarital manual now has NEW additions!
- Exercises can now be completed on a downloadable PDF
- New exercises on Personal Life Values and Views on Debt
- Pornography is now addressed
- Additional questions on many exercises
- Updates throughout the book
A pre-and post-marital mentoring workbook
How does a couple know if God has called them to marriage? This manual, provocative by nature, is written to help couples build their foundation and grow their future marriage. Steve and Mary Prokopchak believe premarital counseling must be a time of searching and revealing hearts, sharing deep values and being honest about themselves and their future. They have developed the contents of this manual over the past 25 years by working with hundreds of married and engaged couples.
Called Together is a unique “couple-to-couple” workbook to help prepare for a successful marriage union and is designed to be used by counselor mentors leading pre- and postmarital sessions with engaged couples. It provides everything needed to begin a great marriage: in-depth biblical counseling, worksheets to help share feelings, communication, financial planning, sexual relations, post-marriage checkups, and wedding tips.
Six Premarital Sessions
- About Me: Taking an in-depth look at me.
- About Us: Being honest about us.
- Let’s Talk: What are the communication obstacles?
- Finances: Is your budget realistic? What are your financial values?
- Sexual Relations: Maintaining God’s gift within marriage.
- Ceremony Planning: Putting it all together to become one.
Two Postmarital Sessions
- Three Months: A 90 day check-up and review
- Nine Months: What life-long patterns are you establishing?
This manual includes special sections to help tailor-make the material to the specific needs of each couple: When Christians Remarry, Intercultural and Interracial Marriage, and When Seniors Remarry. Also includes a Counselor’s Guide.
What others are saying about Called Together
When it comes to marriage preparation, our society needs all the help it can get. Called Together offers a biblically based and Christ-centered manual that is sure to get plenty of couples started on the right foot. —Dr. Les and Leslie Parrott, Authors of Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts and Mentoring Engaged and Newlywed Couples
I wish Steve and Mary Prokopchak’s book had been available when I was preparing for marriage. This is a valuable resource for all churches, and I believe it will help stop today’s divorce epidemic.—J. Lee Grady, Editor, Charisma Magazine
Read Steve’s blog here
Books and Resources by Steve Prokopchak
Battle Cry for Your Marriage
Called Together Pre-and post-marital Mentoring Workbook
The Biblical Role of Elders in Today’s Church
The Value of a Sabbatical
In Pursuit of Obedience